I took an old stained with holes in it T-shirt and combined it with a paint-splattered dress. I added to that fabric scraps from the fitted crib sheet I made for Dozer.
Scroll down for details on how I made this:
Then I salvaged some paint-free areas of the hem from the dress, which I fashioned into the bell sleeves.
I cut out part of the dress lining and sewed that into a channel, which I filled with elastic and attached to the shirt, joining the top and bottom pieces of the shirt back together.
I had this after adding the sleeves and the channel under the bodice. I gathered the sleeves by attaching them with elastic thread. Elastic thread is my cheater method for just about any gathering that I may do. Perfectly spaced gathers every time.
Don't worry if you don't have a serger though. You can just do a tight zig-zag stitch around your hem for the same effect. Or use fabric glue to attach a ribbon to the bottom of the skirt. That's what I did on the little peasant dress here. If you need help making a circle skirt, feel free to ask, but I learned here.